SPHERES (Synergy of Prospective Health & Experimental Research for Emerging Solutions) is a collaborative observational registry designed to collect real-world data on NMOSD patients to characterize the natural history of the disease, understand patterns of care, and explore clinical outcomes including effectiveness, patient experience, and safety events.
A standardized set of clinical outcome assessments will be collected from both patients and their treating neurologist at the time of enrollment and approximately every 6-months during the course of routine clinical care.
Target enrollment is approximately 800 NMOSD patients with no defined upper limit on enrollment. Approximately 35 clinical sites in the US and Canada will be recruited to participate. The registry is a long-term observational study. Sites will be compensated for their efforts.
- Has a diagnosis of NMOSD at the time of enrollment according to the 2015 IPND consensus diagnostic criteria for NMOSD.
- Age 18 years or older at the time of enrollment.
- Willing to provide personal information.
- Has had a clinically confirmed NMOSD neuro-episode within the 12-weeks prior to enrollment.
- Is participating or planning to participate in a double-blind randomized trial for an NMOSD drug. Note: Concurrent participation in another observational registry or open-label Phase 3b/4 trial is allowed.